Monday, June 24, 2013

Pet Portraits That Come From The Heart

It all started with one...




Meet my dog Timber.
Over a year ago I walked into the SWCHS with a framed picture of this dog
 My sweet girl of 15 years
The pain of losing her still fresh in my soul
I was in the second year of my business
And I had an idea ...
Thank God I had hundreds of pictures of my girl
Had I not taken them I surely would be lost right now
Without a memory of her that I can see every morning
A small comfort when your heart breaks from the loss of a pet
So I decided I wanted to do Pet Portraits
After all they are like children to most of us
And a portrait of them would be cherished forever
Long after they are gone
So we came up with a plan
I would do Pet Sessions and give part of the profits to SWCHS
For every package I sold
Well.... Nobody Called
I have to admit I was saddened that nobody seemed to see the value in what I was offering
Then a new idea was born
The animals at SWCHS were in terrible need of a makeover
They needed portraits
 Portraits that would find them a Forever Home twice as fast
Portraits I could provide.
And So it began that I started volunteering my time to
SWCHS and my name exploded all over their facebook page
The dogs and cats were getting calls, lots of calls
Animals that had been there forever were suddenly finding
Their new forever home
My heart melted and I was hooked
A year later I am still stopping by bringing hope
And....... pet portraits
Now people were noticing
And wanting their own pet portraits
So now it all has come full circle
I get the best of both
I create lasting memories for families of their beloved pets
And I also help to make memories
Every single time someone sees
One of my Shelter Portraits and adopts
So back to where it all began. I adopted my sweet Timber
From SWCHS when she was a pup
She was the best friend I ever had
And every time I take a picture I think of her
 
 
 
 
SWCHS BEFORE AND AFTER


 SWCHS BEFORE AND AFTER
 
 
Waiting on Forever
 
 
 
Happy Endings
 
 
 
Making Memories
 



 
 
Thawkphotography.com
Leaving behind something Beautiful.....

No comments:

Post a Comment