Friday, August 10, 2012

 When I was a little girl I dreamed of one day having a horse of my own. We had a family friend whom had a couple of horses and I was able to go there riding sometimes. I loved the awesome freedom that came with galloping across the field. Like I was flying. I dreamed of having a all black horse.. like THE BLACK STALLION. What little girl didn't love that movie. More even then horses I loved unicorns. My whole bedroom was full of these beautiful mythical creatures. I remember the first time I saw Legend.. a movie with a princess, a handsome lover, mythical creatures, good verses evil , and the unicorns.. the unicorns were so beautiful they took my breath away. I dreamed about being the princess in that story. To have the horse , the prince charming... So when I got the chance to take photographs at the Adams County 4H horse and pony project.. two passions coming together. I couldn't say no.  
 Watching these young girls and young men compete together with there horses reminded me of what I so longed for at that age. How lucky they are to be living their own dreams. As I am lucky to be living one of mine. To use my gifts to capture these magnificent animals and the love they have for there riders.. was pure heaven to me. I find it truly incredible the respect these horses have for their riders..and there riders for them.. it really touched my heart to watch them interact
 I was in my element, that is for sure. Camera in hand, the smell of hay and horses... couldn't think of a place I'd rather have been at that moment. So if my portraits of this day look dreamy to you .. perhaps its just that part of me .. that is coming out in my images... a part of me I'd tucked away close to my heart .  I was truly blessed with this opportunity and I am thankful for the hours I spent there capturing moments of what I wanted to be as a child, as a young adult. Perhaps I was living a small part of their dreams while I was sharing my own ... My love of light, human nature, and my passion for taking just a moment in time.. a second .. and tucking it away so that years later can look back at those images and remember for that moment in your life your were truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment